Arius, Inc. - Embedded Digital Signal Processing Solutions for PC/104 DSP
Arius will soon announce the PC104C55, a new PC/104 based DSP board featuring the TMS320C5510. Utilizing four AIO format daughter boards, the PC104C55 supports analog and digital I/O. The PC104C55 can be a slave board on the PC/104 bus or, by booting from the on board 2 MB flash memory, the PC104C55 can run standalone. The firmware is updated from the host processor or via the communication ports. The PC/104 interface emulates a very high speed 16C550 UART to allow the use of existing serial port drivers under any operating system which runs on a standard PC. Or the PC104C55 can become a bus master to replace your existing CPU and control devices on the PC/104 bus.
The PC104C55 has many applications in signal processing and embedded control. It allows the use of a small PC/104 system in place of a full sized rack mount PC. Operating alone or combined with a high performance PC/104 CPU the result is a data processing system of unmatched size and performance.
- Industrial Control - Multiple inputs and outputs with high speed control.
- Vibration Analysis - Quad analog inputs and outputs plus high speed (10 Mbps) TDM bus allows multiple PC104C55 boards to be used together to support phased array applications.
- Voice Processing - Multiple channels of high or low bit rate vocoders on a single board: CELP, LD-CELP, ACELP, MELP, VSELP, ADPCM...
- Digital Receiver - quad FM demodulators with near 96 dB of dynamic range.
- Modem Demodulation - QPSK or FSK demodulators.
- Real Time Data Acquisition - 96 KSPS on 16 bit analog inputs and outputs.
- Multi-channel Sonar Processing- Octal channel 16 bit analog I/O supports beamforming and direction finding.
- Data Encryption/Decryption - DES, Triple DES and others.
- Multiprocessor Applications - TDM Serial Bus allows up to 8 boards to be connected.
- Reconfigurable processing - On board FPGA allows special applications to be developed in hardware.
The high density construction of the PC104C55 supports many I/O and processing features. Surface mounted components and dual sided mounting provides an unusually high density of capabilities.
- TMS320C5510 Running at 200 MHz (400 MIPS) with 320 KBytes of Internal RAM.
- 512K 32 bit words of external Synchronous SRAM.
- 2 to 8 Mwords Flash Memory for Program and Data Storage.
- High Speed (10 Mbps) TDM Serial Bus for Interboard Communications.
- High Speed 16C550 UART Emulation for Host Interface on PC/104 Bus.
- Can run stand alone or as bus master and control devices on the PC/104 bus.
- AIO daughter boards for I/O expansion - four sites for up to 4 functions.
- SRAM based FPGA provides reconfigurable computing with flexibility in interface and processing.
View a full size version of this block diagram.
Soon to be Announced Products
- PC104C54 - PC/104 board with a 160 MIPS TMS320C5416 processor for high speed, low power operation
- PC104C67 - PC/104 board with a 900 MFLOPS TMS320C6711 processor for multichannel floating point applications
AIO Daughter Modules
AIO modules are small (1.4" x 2.0") modules which are used on our DSP boards to provide multiple types of IO expansion. While still meeting the mechanical outline requirements for a single PC/104 board, the AIO modules may be used with our DSP boards in many combinations to provide you with the exact IO capabilities you need for your application.
- AIOaudio - Octal 16 bit ADC and DAC up to 96 KSPS with analog filtering
- AIO2wire - Telephony 2 wire interface with DAA and protection
Soon to be Announced
- AIOcontrol - Dual 16 bit ADC and DAC up to 200 KSPS with analog filtering
- AIOvideo - High speed ADC and DAC up to 10 MSPS with analog filtering
- AIOreceiver - Quad Channel Digital Down Converter Module (Digital Receiver)
- AIOtelcom - T1/E1 Interface Module
- AIOisdn - ISDN Interface Module
- AIOusb - USB 1.1/2.0 Interface Module
- AIOdigital - Multi channel isolated digital I/O
- AIOserial - Dual multiprotocol serial IO plus IDE parallel I/O
Let us know what types of IO you would like to see. We also provide custom design services for AIO modules.
Some Useful Links for PC/104 and DSP
Please contact us about your embedded DSP needs.
Please tell us what you think!
"I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses."
Back to Home Page