Arius, Inc. - Embedded Digital Signal Processing Solutions for PC/104
Arius announces the PC104C31, a new
PC/104 based DSP
board featuring the TMS320C31.
Utilizing two AIO format daughter boards, the PC104C31 supports analog and
digital I/O. The PC104C31 can be a slave board on the PC/104 bus or, by
booting from the on board 2 MB flash memory, the PC104C31 can run standalone.
The firmware is updated from the host processor or via the communication
ports. The PC/104 interface emulates a very high speed 16C550 UART to allow
the use of existing serial port drivers under any operating system which
runs on a standard PC. Or the PC104C31 can become a bus master to replace
your existing CPU and control devices on the PC/104 bus.
The PC104C31 has many applications in signal processing and embedded control.
It allows the use of a small PC/104 system in
place of a full sized rack mount PC. Operating alone or combined with a high
performance PC/104 CPU the result is a data processing system of unmatched
size and performance.
- Industrial Control - Multiple inputs and outputs with high speed
- Vibration Analysis - Octal analog inputs and outputs allows PC104C31
PC104 DSP boards to perform low or high frequency vibration analysis. .
- Voice Processing - Multiple channels of high or low bit rate vocoders
on a single board: CELP, LD-CELP, ACELP, MELP, VSELP, ADPCM...
- Digital Receiver - quad FM demodulators with near 96 dB of dynamic
- Modem Demodulation - QPSK or FSK demodulators.
- Real Time Data Acquisition - Octal channel 96 KSPS on 16 bit analog
inputs and outputs.
- Multi-channel Sonar Processing- Octal channel 16 bit analog I/O
supports beamforming and direction finding.
- Data Encryption/Decryption - DES, Triple DES and others.
- Reconfigurable processing - On board FPGA allows special applications
to be developed in hardware.
The high density construction of the PC104C31
supports many I/O and processing features. Surface mounted components and
dual sided mounting provides an unusually high density of capabilities.
Running at 40 MIPS with 2K Words of Internal RAM
- 256 Kwords of external SRAM.
- 2 Mwords Flash Memory for Program and Data Storage
- Dual Serial Ports Provided by 85230; RS-232, RS-422, Async or Sync
- High Speed (4 Mbps) Serial Port for Interboard Communications
- High Speed 16C550 UART Emulation for Host Interface on PC/104 Bus
- Can run without host CPU as bus master and control devices on the
- AIO Daughter Boards for I/O Expansion - two sites for up to 2 functions.
- SRAM based FPGA provides reconfigurable computing with flexibility
in interface and processing.
Soon to be Announced Products
PC104 DSP Boards
- PC/104 board with a 150 MIPS TMS320VC5510
processor for high speed, low power operation
- PC/104 board with a 900 MFLOPS TMS320C6711
processor for multichannel floating point applications
AIO Daughter Modules
AIO modules are small (1.4" x 2.0") modules which are used on our PC104
DSP boards to provide multiple types of IO expansion. While still meeting
the mechanical outline requirements for a single PC/104 board, the AIO modules
may be used with our PC104 DSP boards in many combinations to provide you
with the exact IO capabilities you need for your application.
- AIOaudio - Octal 16 bit ADC and
DAC up to 96 KSPS with analog filtering
- AIO2wire - Telephony 2 wire interface with DAA and protection
Soon to be Announced
Let us know what types of IO you would like to see. We also provide custom
design services for AIO modules.
- AIOcontrol - Dual 16 bit ADC and DAC up to 200 KSPS with analog filtering
- AIOvideo - High speed ADC and DAC up to 10 MSPS with analog filtering
- AIOreceiver - Quad Channel Digital Down Converter Module (Digital
- AIOtelcom - T1/E1 Interface Module
- AIOisdn - ISDN Interface Module
- AIOusb - USB 1.1/2.0 Interface Module
- AIOdigital - Multi channel isolated digital I/O
- AIOserial - Dual multiprotocol serial IO plus IDE parallel I/O
Some Useful Links for PC/104 and DSP
Please contact us about your embedded DSP needs.
Please tell us what you think!
"I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man
to the thoughtless approval of the masses."
Back to Home Page